Keratosis Pilaris DO’s
1. Do take measures to prevent excessive skin dryness , especially in colder winter months.
2. Do use mild soaps like Dove soap-less cleanser or Cetaphil cleanser.
3. Do lubricate skin with special lotions containing lactic acid like Amlactin or Lac Hydrin Lotion.
4. Do talk with your physician about using tretinoin (Retin A), alpha hydroxy acid lotions (glycolic acid), urea cream (Urix 40), and salicylic acid ( Salex).
5. Do gently massage the lotions into the affected area twice a day.
6. Do use a mild loofah or Buf Puf to gently scrub the area weekly
Q. I read your review of creatine online and found it
very informational. I am wondering if you can share some information about the
recent body-building supplement Ecdy Bolin. I have been using it for a couple
months (both with creatine and also without). It is promoted as has other
benefits aside from muscle-building, such as nerve function. Anyway, I would
like to know if you feel this supplement is a safe and a quality addition and
how you feel about it in general. At the moment, I am not using creatine, only
A. An internet search reveals Ecdy Bolin has 100 mg of ecdysterone. I have not seen any human studies with Ecdy Bolin or ecdysterone, so I have no opinion on this supplement at this time.
The ketogenic diet is different because unlike the long-chain saturated fats which require a great deal of effort to be digested by the body, this diet contains medium chain triglycerides (MCT) which are the fats found in milk, cheese, butter, palm oil and coconut oil. These fats are instantly absorbed and when the body is starved of carbohydrates, your liver converts these fats into ketone bodies which pass into the brain and replace glucose as an energy source. This works because only MCTs(medium chain triglycerides have the ability to cross the blood-brain barrier. No other fats have this ability.